The University of Alabama in Huntsville is accepting applications for one regular full-time position of Postdoctoral Research Assistant to work in the Center for Space Plasma and Aeronomic Research for two years with the potential for renewal. The candidate will study the dynamic interaction between the solar wind and the magnetosphere across a broad range of scale sizes. The position supports research initiatives using a wide range of observational tools, including ground-based facility network such as SuperDARN and incoherent scatter radars, and magnetospheric missions such as THEMIS, MMS, and CLUSTER. Experience in using radar data is highly preferred.
- PhD in space science or physics is required
- Experience in using radar data is highly preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should apply on-line at https://careers.uah.edu/cw/en-us/job/493900/postdoctoral-research-assistant…
Applicants must submit the following materials:
1. A cover letter describing background, qualifications, and experience relevant to the position.
2. A full curriculum vitae (CV) – detailing education, awards, publications, research experience, etc.
3. A research statement describing research interest
4. Contact information for three professional references
The duration is two years with the potential for renewal. Salary will follow the UAH standard for post-doctoral scholars and will scale with the applicant’s experience.