This is a pool posting for future vacancies in this job classification.
The Samuel Ginn College of Engineering are seeking candidates for multiple positions of Principal Research Scientist/Engineer I/II/III. The Principle Research Scientist position within the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering is crucial for fostering future growth of our research activities. Bringing specialized expertise from non-engineering disciplines, this role will contribute to the expansion of the college’s research capabilities, allow for increased collaboration, enhance competitiveness in securing research grants, and drive the college towards becoming a hub for cutting-edge research and technological advancements.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research in the area of packaging and manufacturing of electronics for extreme environments
- Will develop research plans, conduct experiments with other research staff and students
- Support the preparation and submission of proposals to funding agencies
- Support the research center directors in the development of collaborative programs , impact assessment, and the implementation of novel research tools
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate students in their research activities
- Develops research proposals and budgets.
- Coordinates research opportunities between Auburn University faculty and staff, local government agencies, and private industries.
- Initiates and cultivates relationships with agencies and industries in order to build research and educational programs for Auburn University.
- Establishes and grows research funding for Auburn University by pursuing local opportunities.
- Interfaces with Auburn University faculty and staff to build an in-depth knowledge of on-campus research capabilities.
PhD from an accredited institution Engineering, Science, Management Information Science (MIS), Macromolecular Science or related technical field.
- Level I – No experience required
- Level II – 2 years of professional experience
- Level III – 4 years of professional experience
Experience in engineering and research practices and principles or science-based programs.
Research experience in Polymeric Packaging Materials and Multi-layer Polymeric System.
Expertise in polymer materials, characterization techniques, and advanced manufacturing processes.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree may substitute relevant experience toward the PhD requirement at the rate of two (2) years relevant experience per year of required education