Enrich the Computer Engineering Department with new expertise in the Digital Forensic area and in general in a relation to the newly started programs of Bachelor and Master in the Cybersecurity Engineering.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Teaching courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Supervising postgraduate students' research projects and theses (Masters/PhD)
- Contributing to the development of courses and programs (both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels) offered by the College of Computing and Informatics) and accreditation especially ABET Accreditation and CAA of UAE
- Performing all assigned administrative tasks by the program/department, college and university
- Contributing to the research activities and initiate research projects leading to effective publications in journals with high ranking and patents
- Mentoring and advising of students at all levels
- Mentoring and advise junior faculty (if/when applicable)
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Computer Engineering (CE) Department at the University of Sharjah (UOS) invites qualified candidates from Assistant Professor academic rank to apply for full-time faculty position. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UOS.
The opening for a full-time faculty member in Computer Engineering Department in Cybersecurity Engineering Programs (background in digital forensic, ethical hacking is necessary) at the level of Assistant Professor commencing in September 2023.
The successful candidates are expected to :
- Have a Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).
- Have demonstrated effective teaching experience in the above-mentioned fields or related ones at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Have a strong record of accomplishment of research publications in refereed scholarly international journals with good impact factors.
- Experience in supervising Senior Design Projects, Master and PhD Theses/Dissertations
- Interest and experience in bridging links with industry and the community are also expected
- Have a strong Engineering background
The CE Department at UOS is committed to excellence in teaching, research and services to the university and community. It has ABET accredited B.Sc. undergraduate program in Computer Engineering. It also has Bachelor and Master in the Cybersecurity Engineering, M.Sc. program in Computer Engineering and PhD program in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Excellent teaching skills
- Strong potential for high research quality
- Excellent English command in both writing and delivering lectures
- Elite academic ethics
- Cooperative and team work oriented
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum qualification includes:
- Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).
- Demonstrate a solid research record, and be capable of teaching courses in their areas of expertise in addition to core courses in the Cybersecurity Engineering Program.
- Industrial or postdoctoral experience is a plus.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply, and will be given priority.
The application package should include a cover letter, a detailed resume, a brief description of current/future research activities, teaching philosophy, and courses taught. English is the language of instruction and communication. Screening of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Integrity & Respect: Required
Communication: Excellent in English and preferred knowledge in Arabic
Conflict Management: Fair
Accountability & Accuracy: Required