This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
The Feinstein International Center (FIC) at Tufts University receives grants and contracts from a range of donors for international projects and programs. The Center will implement a new project from USAID focused on how the humanitarian sector can use weather and climate forecasts to anticipate disasters and act early, before impacts happen. This two-year project is a collaboration between Tufts University, 4 African universities, and 2 Asian universities to carry out real-time evaluations around the world of humanitarian anticipatory action systems. The project is managed by the Center's headquarters in Boston, MA.
What You'll Do
- Design semi-experimental evaluations for 5-10 extreme events around the world, including trainings and capacity building with partners who are leading the work around each event.
- Data analysis of results from 5-10 extreme events, in collaboration with partners to analyze and write up findings.
- Disseminate and present results in humanitarian learning and evaluation clinics, conferences, and meetings.
- Provide guidance to long-term research initiatives related to Anticipatory Action within the consortium, including nutrition outcomes, drought impacts, and flood vulnerability assessments.
- Provide trainings and guidance to consortium partners across several national contexts around the world.
What We're Looking For
- Master's degree in statistics or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in international and multi-cultural contexts
- Excellent skills with online collaboration environments, including zoom
- High degree of proficiency in data analysis software such as R
- Experience working with complex real-world datasets
- Experience in teaching or capacity building
- PhD in statistics or related field
- Experience with quasi-experimental outcome evaluations
- Experience with creative and interactive facilitation methods to encourage collaboration between people of different disciplines and backgrounds, especially in an online environment.
- A desire to work as a member of a team of academics and practitioners which embraces multidisciplinary approaches and methods.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This can be remote or in-person in Boston, Massachusetts. This work will require off-hours zoom calls with partners in different time zones.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.