The University at Buffalo (UB) offers a variety of part-time adjunct instructor opportunities in the College of Arts and Sciences. We seek individuals who can understand and contribute to the College’s and University’s mission and vision. Assignments include seated or on-line courses in a discipline of expertise.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of subject.
- Provide students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subject(s).
- Use University and department learning systems (example, UB Learns) and adhere to good instructional practices (example, published syllabi and holding office hours).
- Evaluate students’ performance and provide effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative environment.
The College of Arts and Sciences (College) is the largest academic unit at UB and comprises 28 departments, 16 programs, 23 centers & institutes, 2 galleries & the Center for the Arts. It is home to 1/3 of UB’s full-time faculty, 84% of undergraduates & more than 20% of graduate/professional students. Learn more about the departments and programs within the College of Arts and Sciences here: http://arts-sciences.buffalo.edu/academics/departments-programs.htmlhttp://arts-sciences.buffalo.edu/academics/departments-programs.html
The University at Buffalo is a diverse, inclusive scholarly community dedicated to bringing the benefits of its research, scholarship and creative activity, and educational excellence to global and local communities in ways that impact and positively change the world. We view the three traditional pillars of the public higher education mission-research, education, and service-as interdependent endeavors that continually enrich and inform each other. Groundbreaking research, transformative educational experiences, and deeply engaged service to its communities define the University at Buffalo’s mission as a premier, research-intensive public university.
This is a pooled posting, and positions are filled on an as needed basis.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.