King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (http://www.kaust.edu.sa) invites applications for
Ph. D. fellowships in the field of "Computational Physics and Materials Science".
The positions are available immediately and will be open until filled.
Potential topics include:
- Materials for thermoelectric applications
- Interfaces and surfaces
- Two-dimensional materials
- Nanoparticles for energy applications
- Correlated materials, in particular, oxides
- Materials for spintronics
- Electronic transport calculations
- Molecular dynamics simulation
- Methodology and code development
Fellowships are available for both the BSc-to-PhD (5 years) and MSc-to-PhD (3 years) tracks. Besides free housing and healthcare, a generous stipend (US $25000 and $30000 per year, respectively, before and after passing the Ph.D. qualifying exam) is provided.
Please submit a full CV (including previous experience, a short statement of research interests, English language test results and the preferred starting date) to Nirpendra Singh by e-mail: Nirpendra.Singh@kaust.edu.sa. Please use the subject PhD-JAN2019.