How to apply for PhD positions
We have PhD positions for specific topics or projects, as well as positions where the research topic is not pre-defined at the time of the call. If your background and interests match one or two of the positions below, please enter the name of the corresponding supervisor(s) as “Preferred Ph.D. supervisor” in the section “Research interests and statement of purpose” of the application form. If you do not have a preference as to the PhD topic, leave this field empty.
PhD in Distributed Spectrum Monitoring Systems to Localize Wireless Intruders - Supervisor: Dr. Domenico Giustiniano
The Pervasive Wireless Systems Research Group led by Dr. Domenico Giustiniano invites applications for a PhD Student position in the broad area of Distributed Spectrum Monitoring System. The student will work on the Electrosense network (https://www.electrosense.org), that has the objective of sensing the entire spectrum in populated regions of the world with programmable low-cost spectrum sensors, and to make the data available in real-time through a big-data architecture for different kinds of stakeholders which require a deeper knowledge of the actual spectrum
The goal of the research project is to achieve an accurate and fast detection, classification and location of intruders in the spectrum in the time, frequency and space domains using the distributed Electrosense network.
• We expect an excellent degree in electrical engineering,
• telecommunication engineering or equivalent disciplines
• Proficiency in English is mandatory
• Solid background in signal processing, wireless networks and embedded
• Hands-on experience with experimental work
• PhD Position in Big-Data driven 5G Networking - Supervisor: Dr. Arturo Azcorrra
We are inviting applications for a PhD student position in the area of distributed systems and networking. The student will work on EC funded projects in the area of 5G networking within an international consortium (industry and academia). Your work will involve design, implementation and evaluation of distributed systems and networks for building next generation of Internet services characterized by ultra-low latency and heterogeneity in communications, data storage and computing resources, with special emphasis on leveraging big data techniques to collect networking data and extract in-depth knowledge regarding the network, services and users to improve network management and operation with SDN controllers.
• The applicant should hold a Master’s of Science degree or a similar degree which fulfills the entry requirements for doctoral studies at UC3M.
• In case not holding a Master degree yet, we also expect an excellent degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent disciplines
• Strong background in distributed systems, networking, programming and operating systems
• Proficiency in English is mandatory
• Strong programming skills on Python and Java in Linux
• Hands-on experience with experimental work on OpenStack, SDN controllers and containers
It is the policy of IMDEA Networks to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, or marital status. IMDEA Networks complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Institute has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.