Tufts University’s University College (UC), established as a school within Tufts in 2018, is dedicated to programming that meets the educational needs of learners, wherever they are on their learning journey. Today, UC’s programmatic areas include Tufts Professional & Custom Education Programs, Tufts Pre-College Programs, and Tufts Lifelong Learning & Osher Institute. The school is expected to grow substantially in the future to include custom / professional education, Pre-K through grade 8 programs, English Language Learning, and interdisciplinary degrees and certificates. UC offers a fast-paced, nimble environment of highly-trained professionals who love higher education and are committed to providing world-class education in the 21st century to a wide variety of students. UC is well-positioned to develop a distinctive presence in the greater Boston landscape as part of a diverse and accessible institution that makes learning and engagement with education of all kinds for all people as part of its core mission.
This role serves University College’s Tufts Pre-College Programs (TPP) team. Tufts Pre-College Programs’ mission is to extend Tufts-quality education to high school students to enrich their academic experience and Tufts’ academic community with new student learners early in their learning journey. Tufts Pre-College Programs has a portfolio of 20 summer programs, including 2 programs that extend through the academic year, that range from semester-long and 6-week college experiences to shorter 1-3 week intensives, with plans to grow the portfolio both in the summer and in the academic year.
What You'll Do
Reporting to Associate Director of Pre College Programs, and working in collaboration with the Director, Associate Directors, Program Administrators, and other Pre-College staff, the Health Sciences Program Administrator (PA) participates in the development of the goals and strategies for the team and is a critical player in every detail of the daily operations of the Health Sciences portfolio at TPP, which includes but is not limited to the following programs: Mini Med School, Lab Science Investigations, and Adventures in Veterinary Medicine.
Specific duties for the Health Sciences PA include supporting program staff in all program logistics, including admissions, enrollment, and communications; acting as a utility player while programs are actively in-session, serving as a program liaison to families and other departments to complete administrative tasks and communications on short notice; providing input on student nurturing (email and phone) social media, and other campaigns in order to successfully drive student enrollment. producing a variety of documents, reports and proposals for overall program and team management and development; initiating and responding to inquiries and providing detailed information to constituents; organizing and maintaining files, websites, and databases; designing and updating student admissions applications and other forms for data entry; analyzing trackable performance metrics for all elements of each program and making recommendations for improvement; adapting systems for the development of new programs within the Health Sciences portfolio.
The position engages with the rest of the team as a team player and is ready to help where needed, problem solve, and work towards the growth of UC and the greater good of the University as a whole. Must have the ability to manage and evaluate competing priorities and to execute the day-to-day. This position is for someone who gets things done, who has an all-hands-on-deck mentality, and who is comfortable having clear performance targets and being measured against them on a regular basis.
What We're Looking For
General Program Administrator Requirements
● Knowledge & skills as typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a professional work environment
● Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
● Able to use email, social media platforms, survey analysis tools, and various digital tools and applications
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Strong project management skills
● Strong communications and relationship management skills
● Ability to adapt to quickly-changing priorities
● Must be collaborative and a team player
● Positive attitude and a constantly proactive thinker
● All hands on deck attitude
Health Sciences Specific Requirements
● Must have basic scientific literacy and knowledge of concepts and terminology related to biology, medicine, and public health
● Must be able to effectively communicate curricular and program policy matters to students, parents, and program staff members
● Bachelor’s degree preferred and 1-3 years’ experience in a professional work environment
● Prior experience in program development and/or program management
● Background in biology or other health sciences concentration preferred
● Customer service or marketing experience preferred
● Prior systems management and analytical experience preferred in the following data platforms:
○ Technolutions Slate, Oracle Peoplesoft SIS, Modern Campus Destiny One
● Prior experience working with students in grades Pre-K-12, or equivalent, preferred
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.