The Johns Hopkins University invites applications for Director of the Integrated Imaging Center (IIC) Facility located at the Homewood campus. This is a full-time, salaried staff position (with option as untenured research faculty), supported by the School of Arts and Science (KSAS) and the Whiting School of Engineering (WSE). The Integrated Imaging Center Facility houses instrumentation serving the diverse research interests of Johns Hopkins University. Equipment and capabilities of the facility include fluorescence confocal microscopy, light-sheet microscopy, conventional electron and cryo-electron microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, flow cytometry/cell sorting; and 3D Bioprinting. The IIC serves ~150 labs across Hopkins and neighbouring universities with instrumentation totalling ~$12.5 million.
The Director will manage and grow the IIC as follows:
- Supervise 3-4 staff members
- Assist and coordinate activities with research labs
- Coordinate and write grants with faculty input for new equipment
- Oversee new equipment procurement
- Administer the IIC budget, including user fees and maintenance contracts
- Manage instrument maintenance and repair
- Develop standards and practices for safe and ethical use of shared equipment
- Direct and provide training on instrument operations
- Direct periodic technical workshops on recent advances
- Provide consultation on experimental design
- Advertise and publicize IIC capabilities
- Pursue optional collaborative or independent research on imaging technologies
The successful candidate should have a PhD degree, a minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent in biological imaging and technical areas of microscopy, and strong people management and communication skills.
Applications should be submitted electronically to Interfolio https://apply.interfolio.com/78965. Candidates should include a cover letter describing their principal expertise and accomplishments, a complete resume, and the names and contact information for at least three references. Applications will be reviewed from November 1, 2020, until the position is filled.