Position: Endowed Chair, Nanoscience and Technology
Department: Deanship of Research Development
School: Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
Reports to: Research and Graduate Studies
The Endowed Chair for Nanoscience and Technology has primary responsibility and accountability for the overall direction, operation, and management of the endowment in accordance with the mission and goals of the University.
The Endowed Chair will be committed to the principle that a diverse and inclusive community of students, staff, and faculty enhances our mission in providing exceptional education, advancing nanoscience discovery and research, and fostering innovation to help tackle the most vexing challenges in nanoscience especially as is relevant to the economic growth of nano-enabled industry in the state and nation.
Qualifications & Experience (Required):
- Candidates must possess a research-based terminal degree (PhD in a background in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, material sciences or related field are encouraged) a distinguished and active record of sponsored research; a history of excellent peer-reviewed scholarship;
- Demonstrated expertise and commitment to graduate teaching; and a strong track record of leadership, mentoring/sponsorship and personnel management, especially as it relates to oversight of multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary research.
- Successful applicants are expected to develop a strong internally and externally funded, globally recognized research programs. They should also possess a passion for and be committed to excellence in both graduate and undergraduate education in a highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, diverse, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture at PMU.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct convergent, team-oriented, high impact research, with a substantial portfolio of competitive and center-scale research funds from internal and external sponsors.
- Lead strategic planning and analysis for complex functions or programs with significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- May provide development of program or function from initial concept to
- Manage the administration and evaluation of programs or functions.
- Oversee the interpretation, implementation and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Recommend actions and/or resolve complex issues that often span organizational boundaries.
- Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Develop and manage outreach strategy that includes relationship development, communications, and compliance.
- Oversee or supervise staff in the development and implementation of programs or functions.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Planning and leading small-group mentoring session with faculty and senior researchers.
- Guiding participants in educational initiatives centered around individual development, wellness and community engagement.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required):
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span
multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational and staff resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
- Experience managing research projects or research laboratories.
- Experience with financial management and fundraising.
- Comfort with supervising others, researcher & staff.
- Enthusiasm, responsibility, and team-building skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work in a highly diverse and multicultural environment internally and
- Ability & readiness to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures,
including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s policies &
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety.
Benefits and Conditions
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of Ph.D. Diploma, statement of research and teaching interests and a portfolio (no more than 20 pages long) that includes representative professional work depicting evidence of research, teaching activities; a narrative of administrative and leadership philosophy including a statement of past and proposed efforts to enhance diversity as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three professional references who will be contacted, with permission of the candidate, following initial evaluations by the search committee
Positions advertised on this job website and can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
For submission of applications, log-on to our career site:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more inquiries about this position, please contact the following: (please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
Note: In the event if any error occurred during the online application submission, please forward your application materials to the email IDs below and specify clearly in the email subject line the position applied for and the name of the website.
Global Engagement Department:
Ms. Shazia Sammer
Ms. Tedda Jane Castro
Ms. Rania Sinno