A position is available for a skilled research scientist to join a research lab focused on the experimental therapeutics of brain tumors. Individual should have a scientific background in cell or molecular biology or related. Skills in cell culture and cell-based assays are essential. Techniques such as CRISPR/Cas9 are desirable. Good communication and organizational skills are needed. Position responsibilities include:
• Maintain and coordinate efficient daily operation of lab that may include ordering supplies and scheduling studies.
• Conduct lab studies related to preclinical drug development including cell-based assays such as drug transport, qPCR, and Western analyses.
• Maintain numerous cancer cell lines.
• Participate in lab meetings and contribute to the training of students and lab personnel.
• Interact positively with scientific personnel within the department and university.
• Provide reports based on your work for scientific publications and extramural funding applications.
A B.S. or M.S. in biochemistry, cell or molecular biology or related field. Demonstration of ample experience with cell biology techniques
Contact's Name James M. Gallo
Contact's Title PharmD, PhD
Contact's Email email@example.com
Contact's Phone 716-645-4833