Lecturer - Information Technology (1 Year)
: Faculty - Non Tenure Track (FT)
Under the direction of the Information Systems/Technology Department, teaches Information Technology subjects and develops innovative instructional materials as part of the learning methodology. Creates an environment conducive to optimal learning and provides opportunities for students to develop their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. Teaches day, evening, online, hybrid, and off-campus classes as needed or assigned.
This position does not offer tenure.
This position has been funded for two years. The appointment to this position must be reviewed and approved each year.
Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with a masters degree in information technology or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content pertinent to Information Technology programs.
- Knowledge of online teaching environments and learning course management systems.
- Knowledge of accreditation outcomes assessment process.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Curriculum development skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to plan measurable objectives, prepare instructional materials, and follow an approved curriculum.
- Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate and current plans, reports, and records involving student accountability, attendance, and performance.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a diverse student-body and faculty.
- Ability to apply multimedia hardware/software in classroom teaching.
Teaching experience at a college or university.
Physical requirements include ability to teach with consistent need to see, hear, and speak. Frequent fine-hand manipulation associated with the use of a computer.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the review start date. This advertisement is subject to close at any time.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/12655
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.