Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Research Scientist positions, to work on a project in the field of computing on encrypted data in cloud computing environments. Relevant areas of expertise include cryptographic protocols, systems security and compilers.
The project is titled "The garbled computer: towards computing without seeing". The project is a large-scale project funded by the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) under the Exceptional National Priorities Research program. The project involves working with scientists at Purdue University.
This project involves the development of a new secure general computer model called the Garbled Computer (GC). An adversary observing the computations of a GC learns nothing about what it is doing, what data it is operating on (whether inputs or intermediate values), and the outputs it is producing. The GC enables outsourcing of computations and data (e.g. to the cloud) without revealing the nature of the computation or the data being processed.
Each applicant should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: data privacy, cryptographic protocols, operating systems security and compilers.
- Good record, demonstrating ability to conduct quality research.
- Strong English communication skills.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and the review process will continue until the position is filled.
Employment benefits include:
- Competitive, tax-free salary
- Housing allowance, in accordance with QU HR policies
- Annual round-trip air tickets for the candidate and his/her dependents
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children, in accordance with QU HR policies
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members
- Annual leave, in accordance with QU HR policies
To apply, candidates should email the following information to Prof. Qutaibah Malluhi (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Curriculum Vitae, including lists of publications and summaries of educational background & work experience
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 references