The UAE Awaits You …
Become an Educator at the Higher Colleges of Technology
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 23,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented men and women campuses across 7 Emirates in the UAE. The HCT employs about 2,000 staff, from over 85 nationalities, who share practices, ideas and cultures from around the world, thereby enriching the HCT community.
With a reputation for embedding innovative teaching, learning methods and technologies in its pedagogy, HCT is at the cutting-edge of the UAE’s drive to diversify the economy towards a knowledge-oriented base. Teaching methods and technologies are the most modern available and focus on student achievement, advancement, and employment.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Applied Media, Business, Computer Information Science, Education, Engineering Technology & Science, and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with the UAE’s business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards.
The Faculty of Computer Information Science will contribute to advancing the curriculum of Computer and Information Science, delivery and relevance to industry and high international standards. In addition to teaching, the faculty plays a role in meeting the division research goals and objectives and uses research activities to inform teaching and develop students analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidate will play an active role in curriculum development, assessment, and evaluation. The curriculum is taught within an applied student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. Faculty play an important role in assisting the development and administration of system-wide and directorate-specific policies and are viewed as active participants in academic and extracurricular events at the College and within the community.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field from an approved institution
- Appropriate academic professional qualifications as required
- A minimum of 3 years of Information Technology and/or Information Systems teaching/training experience in an applied educational environment at a tertiary level
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards
- Possess specialist knowledge and the ability to operate specialist programs and equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
- Have current knowledge of industry practices, trends, and issues
For a detailed job description and to apply please visit https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/WebForms/ViewJobDetail.aspx?j=449&h=0. All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.