A postdoctoral position is available immediately at the College of Science and Engineering at Hamad bin Khalifa University (HBKU) in Qatar. The area of interest is broadly defined as cybersecurity, with an emphasis on system security, applied cryptography, and secure data management.
- A PhD in computer science or a related field.
- Strong background in cryptography.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Perform scientific research.
- Publish in top-tier conferences and journals.
- System programming.
- Mentor MS and PhD students.
The initial term of the appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal based on mutual interest.
HBKU offers a very competitive compensation package that includes an attractive (tax-free) salary and numerous benefits.
Candidates should send the following information, as pdf attachments, to Dr. Spiros Bakiras (email@example.com):
- CV, including names and email addresses of 3 references.
- Short research statement (maximum one page).
- Soft copies of two recent publications.
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Hamad bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF’s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is an emerging research university that acts as a catalyst for transformative change in Qatar and the region while having global impact.