PRINCE MOHAMMAD BIN FAHD UNIVERSITY (PMU)
Al-Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Core Curriculum Program – Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Position Description: Laboratory Instructor – Chemistry for Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
The quality of education training and academic careers obtained by the Faculty Members in western university is vital to PMU. The following minimum qualifications are expected from any faculty hired within the Core Curriculum Program.
- A candidate with Master’s degree from a Western University in Chemistry with at least 30-semester hours beyond a bachelor is required.
- Candidate must have the ability to demonstrate and instruct in English.
- Candidate must have the ability to teach at the university level.
The primary role of the Laboratory Instructor – Chemistry is to:
- Supervise student work in labs and grade students’ lab assignments.
- Designing and developing new experiments and demonstrations.
- Should have knowledge of lab and chemical safety.
- Regularly organizes all laboratory spaces within the department.
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, and attendances.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the program; and
- Assist in selecting equipment for lab experiments.
- Teach classes whenever assigned by the Department Chair.
Benefits and Conditions:
PMU offers an income tax free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12 month salary, summer vacation, accommodations, annual round trip airfare to home country, medical insurance, assistance with school fees for children and end of contract benefits.
Application must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (include recent photo, citizenship, links to Google Scholar and LinkedIn profile) and unofficial copies of all university transcripts, statement of teaching interest, as well as the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In sending the application materials via email, clearly state the position that you are applying for and specify the job site where the advertisement was taken from. For your reference, kindly submit your application to the following email addresses:
To: Ms. Shiane Corpuz (firstname.lastname@example.org); Ms. Charisma De-Castro (email@example.com)
CC: Ms. Rania Sinno (firstname.lastname@example.org); email@example.com
For direct application online, please visit our PMU website by clicking the link below and look for HR – "Apply Online".