The Antimicrobial Resistance Interdisciplinary Research Group (AMR IRG) is a translational research and entrepreneurship program that aims to develop innovative and disruptive approaches to identify, respond to, and treat drug-resistant microbial infections (https://amr.smart.mit.edu/). Our research team is focused on the development of electrostatically assembled nanolayered particles for the targeting of biofilm-associated infections and delivery of synergistic combinations of antibiotics and other antimicrobial effectors. We seek to investigate these systems with the ultimate intent of developing promising platforms that can be translated to meaningful clinical applications.
We are seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Associate with microbiological expertise to join a multidisciplinary project team. The role will involve working closely with biomaterials engineers to develop biofilm-responsive nanoparticle systems for targeted drug delivery.
The Postdoctoral Associate is expected to:
- Define project scope and major methodologies with the supervisors
- Design and execute experiments
- Analyze and interpret experimental results
- Prepare manuscripts and present findings at international conferences
- Develop research grant proposals in conjunction with the project team
- Train new and student researchers
- PhD degree with strong microbiology background
- Experience with BSL-2 bacterial pathogen handling required
- Experience with bacterial growth/inhibition assays and mammalian cell cytotoxicity assays are required
- Experience with in vitro biofilm models and in vivo animal models of bacterial infection are highly desired
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage interactions with faculty and a broad range of senior and junior research collaborators
- Highly motivated and independent
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Experience with biomaterials and polymer chemistry is considered favorable but not required
This position is located at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre at CREATE (1 CREATE Way) within the National University of Singapore campus in Singapore, and is in collaboration with efforts at the Nanyang Technological University.
To apply, please visit our open positions website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants will have to send their full CV/resume, cover letter and a list of three references (name and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.