The University Learning Center at the University at Buffalo is accepting applications for current and future openings for Adjunct Instructors to teach mathematics courses: ULC 147 Intermediate Algebra and ULC 148 Algebra and Trigonometry.
These are part-time temporary positions which pay $3,500 per course. Applications are being accepted on an on-going basis, and positions will be filled as needed on a semester-by-semester basis.
Specific responsibilities for Learning Center Adjunct Instructors include:
1. Teach Learning Center math courses (4-credit hour courses).
2. Meet all classes promptly and regularly.
3. Diagnose student strengths and weaknesses by administering, scoring, and interpreting pre-tests during the 1st week of classes.
4. Prepare lesson plans that reflect component curriculum and indicate appropriately prescribed developmental learning experiences for students.
5. Evaluate student class, home, and/or special assignments.
6. Maintain office hours for students.
7. Record keeping – including but not limited to class records (attendance, grades), pre/post testing data, midterm evaluations, final grades.
8. Use UBLearns/Blackboard to communicate with students and post relevant course documents (syllabus, etc).
9. Use UB email to communicate with students.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics Education, Mathematics, or related field. Teaching experience.
Teaching experience at the College level preferred.
Contact’s Name Angela Samul
Contact’s Title Clinical Assistant Professor & Learning Center Coordinator
Contact’s Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact’s Phone 716-645-2395